Something new I'm starting this year is a two-day course on Modern .NET systems with Vertical Slice Architecture. It contains a lot of topics that I've consulted with organizations and built systems around for around over a decade now, and I wanted to wrap my learnings up into a single training course.
And since most of my systems I deal with are not greenfield, but dealing with existing systems, this course focuses on refactoring a system using Vertical Slice Architecture, and all the patterns, tools, and libraries that come along with it. In particular, I'll be focusing on:
- Refactoring an existing system to leverage Vertical Slice Architecture
- Applying Domain-Driven Design techniques to model complex business needs
- Exploring various design patterns, code smells, and refactoring techniques
- Using the Vertical Slice Architectural pattern in a variety of modern .NET 8 application scenarios (minimal APIs, Blazor, Web APIs, etc.)
- Effective use of common libraries such as AutoMapper and MediatR
- Examining distributed systems patterns, tools, and libraries such as NServiceBus
The training will be in Zurich, Switzerland on April 9-10. Use the early bird voucher code EarlyBird20 through the end of February for a 20% discount:
I hope to see you there!